Terms & Conditions of Business
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Goods from our website. You should understand that by ordering any of our Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In these Conditions “Company” shall mean Reid & Wright Ltd and “Customer” shall mean the person or company with whom the Company shall have entered into a contract for the sale of Goods.
- A contract is entered into only when a signed Pro forma Invoice is received by the Company. However, both the signed Pro forma Invoice and 50% of the total monies due in cleared funds, by way of a deposit, are required before the manufacture of your order can commence.
- The contract shall not be concluded until the Company has received the signed Pro forma Invoice, the deposit and the Company have accepted and acknowledged the order with a written and emailed Order Confirmation to the address that you have given during the registration procedure and upon ordering.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept any submitted order.
- Prices for Goods are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which the Company have already sent the Customer an Order Confirmation.
- The pricing quoted herewith is valid for 90 days from the date of this Pro forma Invoice. No modification of these terms shall be effective unless made by an express written agreement between parties.
- All prices quoted by the Company and on the website include Value Added Tax.
- The balance to be paid on the order will be due two weeks prior to the dispatch/collection of the Goods.
- Payment for the Goods shall be made in accordance with the terms set out in the Pro forma Invoice provided that property in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until payment in full of any amount due shall have been made plus any interest due, if any.
SUITABILITY OF GOODS
- The Company gives no guarantee, warranty or undertaking as regards to the fitness or suitability of the product for the Customer’s intended purpose and place of storage/display/hanging, or its injurious quality or freedom from latent defects save where such guarantees, warranties or undertakings are required by law to be given.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that it is solely responsible for ensuring that the Goods are fit and/or suitable for the Customer’s intended purpose and that the Company is not liable for any costs arising from damages or injury to person or property arising from their unsuitability due to manufacturing techniques, materials, finish, weight or faulty installation.
DESCRIPTION & FINISHES
- Due to the nature of decorative finishes there may be slight variations in colour, shade, effect and texture between those described or depicted in the company literature, brochures or website and that of the finished order.
- As glass antiquing is done entirely by hand, tonal variation may occur with antiqued plain and convex glass between those described or depicted in the company literature, brochures or website and that of the finished order.
- The company can colour match paint colours of the Customer’s choice but due to the nature and character of paint and antiquing processes final results will vary.
- The Company reserve the right from time to time to vary the nature of the Goods advertised without notice to the Customer provided these variations do not materially alter the Goods sold.
- From time to time, this website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for the Customer’s convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that the Company endorse the website(s). The Company have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications the Company send to the Customer should be in writing. When using our website, the Customer accepts that communication with the Company will be mainly electronic but may also be by post. The Company will contact the Customer by e-mail or provide the Customer with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, the Customer agrees to electronic means of communication and the Customer acknowledges that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that the Company provides to the Customer electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
RISK & TITLE
- The Goods will become the Customer’s responsibility from the Delivery/Collection Date and ownership of the Goods will only pass to the Customer when the Company has received full cleared payment of the purchase price of the Goods set out in the Order Confirmation.
- Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer upon physical delivery of the Goods into the care/and or custody of the Customer or his agent or servant whether or not the carrier was contracted by the Company or the Customer.
- Use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at the Customer’s risk, for which the Company shall not be liable. It shall be the Customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet the Customer’s specific requirements.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
- All mirrors are bespoke pieces and cannot be cancelled by the Customer once the signed Pro forma Invoice and deposit have been received and accepted, either before or after delivery. The Company has no obligation to take back the Goods.
- The Company will make every effort to supply the Goods within the 6 – 8 week lead-time but from time to time supply may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. Multiple orders may also take longer.
- The Company reserves the right to make a charge for delivery, which will be quoted at the time of ordering.
- The Company will deliver the order to the address nominated but all delivery dates given by the Company are estimated only and the time of delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract.
- The Company will contact the Customer once the order is complete to arrange delivery/collection. The Company is unable to store orders for more than 14 days after the delivery/collection date. A charge of 1% of the value of the total order per week will be charged for storage after 14 days. The amount payable will be due prior to the revised delivery date.
- Should the Company be prevented from or hindered in delivering the Goods by reason of war, riot, explosion, fire, flood, strike, lock out, Acts or regulations of Government, shortage of materials or labour, acts, default or omissions of the supplier of the Goods to the Company or any cause beyond the Company’s control the time for delivery shall be extended until the cause of this has ceased to exist.
- When making a collection of any ordered Goods from our premises, the Company will require the Customer to provide us with an Order Confirmation notice before we release the Goods to the Customer. If the Goods are being collected by a courier / delivery driver, we will require the courier / delivery driver to confirm to us the Customer’s order number and the address to which the Goods are to be delivered.
- If delivery of the Goods has not been made within 4 months of the estimated delivery date, the Customer shall be entitled, by giving written notice to the Company, to cancel its order in respect of such goods and receive a full refund (excluding multiple orders where a reasonable time frame will be agreed at point of ordering).
- The Customer shall carefully unwrap and examine the Goods, in the presence of the courier, on receipt of the same and the Company shall not be liable for any shortage in quantity or any damage in transit unless such shortage or damage is noted on the Company’s copy of the Delivery Note and full written details are served on the Company within 24 hours.
- Delivery charges do not include any allowance for the removal of doors, windows or other fixtures or the moving of furniture at the delivery address.
- In no circumstances shall the Company be liable to compensate the Customer in damages or otherwise for late delivery or non-delivery of the Goods or for any loss arising from it.
COMPANY’S RIGHT ON BREACH OF CONTRACT BY THE CUSTOMER
- The Company shall have the right when failure to pay (or other breach) arises before delivery of the Goods to the Customer to withhold delivery until such time as payment of all sums due has been made, whether or not these sums arise from interest costs, legal’s costs, storage costs and any other costs of expenses incurred by reason of the Customer’s default and/or breach.
- If the Customer fails to pay the Company the specified amount on the due date, or if otherwise in breach of any terms hereof the Customer shall pay all legal fees and other costs of enforcement on a full indemnity basis from the date upon which the Company becomes liable to pay such fees and/or other costs.
DAMAGED GOODS & REFUNDS
- If the Company is responsible for the accidental damage of the goods in the course of delivery, then the Company’s liability for that damage is limited to the repair, refund or replacement of the goods or the value thereof. Refunds can only be made to the original card of purchase.
INSTALLATION/HANGING OF GOODS
- The Company will be able, in some cases, to provide details of independent installation/hanging services but in no way can be made liable for services that are faulty or damages or injury to person or property arising from those services.
- The goods have been designed by and/or for the Company and are manufactured or produced from designs owned by the Company all of which are the copyright of the Company and may not be copied or reproduced in any way without prior written consent of the Company.
- This website contains images and materials which are owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, text, layout, look, appearance, photography and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
- The Company have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time to, including but not limited to, reflect changes in market conditions affecting the Company’s business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in the Company’s systems capabilities.